The Outlawed Mind
11.07.2004
 
The Bump & Grind and the Berkeley dog park
Last night Crystal informed me that we would be getting up early today (like 10:00ish) to go to brunch. I had a couple drinks and hit the sheets around 2 AM. I woke up this morning at quarter til 10 when Tucker decided to launch a plastic tumbler off the coffee table with his uncontrollable tail which blasted me square in the face. Thanks dog! Anyway, I rolled around for awhile until Crystal decided it was time to go. On the way to brunch Crystal hesitantly informs me that we were heading for a place called The Bump & Grind for an event called Pettycoat Bruncheon. She explained that it was a weekly thing where brunch would be served by men dressed in drag. She was afraid I would be shocked at this so she warned me ahead of time. I was a little nervous about it but it died by the time we arrived. The whole thing was actually extremely humorous. We met up with Crystal's friends Ross and Wendi who both also work at The Fillmore. We went in and sat down next to a huge mirrored wall. The daily specials were clever entrees with catchy titles like Camel Tofu, Jackoff Special and a roast beef sandwich they endearingly named Sexy Beast! I was blown away already. Then comes our food. Ross, Crystal and I all ordered the Cheesy Strada which was a cheddar, sausage and biscuit layer dish but we were all dissappointed when we were informed that they were out of this entree. So instead we all ordered the Shady Rest which was basically biscuits and gravy with smoked sausage and the biscuits were made with scallions and cheddar. When the food came, Crystal tells us that the gravy was the same that they use in the Cheesy Strada. This left me with the following declaration: The only thing worse than hearing that they have run out of Strongbow Cider at The Claddagh Irish Pub is finding out that they have run out of Cheesy Strada at The Bump & Grind Pettycoat Bruncheon! Anyway, the "gravy" was much more like alfredo sauce. Either way, it was amazing! Then Wendi and Crystal manage to inform the wait staff that I am a birthday boy. Next thing I know I have two drag queens softly singing Happy Birthday to me in my ear and rubbing their asses, fake boobs and yes even shaking their bare junk in my face!!!! I was floored! I was laughing hysterically and so were the other 30 or so people in the place! I really had no clue how to react initially, but it all ended up being funny in the end. Today proved to me that I am much more secure with my sexuality than I ever thought I was! I even asked a few of the "waitresses" to pose for a photo with me after our meal! As we left, Somehow I had a triumphant confidence that I had never experienced before. When your limits are pushed, you really get a chance to test your mettle. Next time someone figures me for a homosexual, I will remember this place and just laugh to myself. Too bad more people will never experience the personal freedom you get from being put into a seemingly extreme situation like that and coming out emotionally and mentally unscathed! Although coming out physically unscathed may be a slightly different story!

After my brush with emotional death and drag queen penis, we headed to the Berkeley dog park. This is just a normal city park but with a huge fenced area where dogs can run free. There were about 25 dogs there. Tucker had a blast. Not much to mention about this place except for the mishap where Tucker and a Pit Bull ran a guy over. Literally! We didn't spend much time there!

We're going to a nice upscale restaurant tonight called The Denver Chophouse. I'll probably be including the details of this in tomorrow's entry!

Minor mentions: The dryness out here is so bad I have had nosebleeds everyday so far, I learned to play Texas Hold'em by watching Celebrity Poker today and my investigation into Jason's college hardships has been completed. Full report tomorrow if I have time!

And of course, I love the Total Gym, "going commando" and my outlawed mind!

CHEERS!

|

<< Home

Powered by Blogger