The Outlawed Mind
11.03.2004
 
The first official post
Well I came to a conclusion today. I have been feeling rather stagnant lately. My motivation is lacking in several aspects, I haven't been feeling my usual daily "drive" and in general I just haven't quite been myself. I've been skipping workouts, oversleeping on purpose and ignoring certain people for no real reason. None of the above is much like me. But I believe I figured out the problem:
Most people use meditation like breathing exercises or Yoga to "ground" themselves. Other people use music. Some people just need the ever popular alone time. For me, I ride my bike. Unfortunately I sold my bike over a month ago (for those who care it was a 2003 Kawasaki Ninja 636). I haven't been riding, thus I haven't really been myself. New to my to-do list is the task of figuring out how to get myself back to normal when deprived of the usual method(s). My guitar has been collecting a lot of dust. Tomorrow I will see if shaking off my musical rust helps me to regain some of "the old me".
On to other things.

Everybody wish Deanndra a happy birthday. I used to call her Dee Dee and I still do when I talk directly to her. But to everyone else she will be referred to as Deanndra. She hates her name and I recently discovered that she gets harassed because of its originality. A sad fact but true nonetheless. But I disagree with the notion that she should be ashamed or embarassed by her name. So regardless of her approval, I will attempt to reinforce the idea that her name is fine. But no longer will she be referred to by less than her formal label.
Deanndra has a hard row to hoe. Her life has been and still is troublesome. I am hard on her like a strict father is hard on his daughter/son. I find myself a bit distressed at my "tough love" approach to her. I resented my mother for years for using the same philosophy on me. Am I now mature enough to realize it's value, or am I simply a hypocrite? Either way, it is rocky most times but I always seem to come through for her. Although I know I will always accompany bitterness in her mind for several reasons. Regardless, I hope her day goes well and hopefully she realizes that there are plenty of good reasons to celebrate her entrance into this world!

Taco finally got cable internet! His mother is filing for bankruptcy but he says that cable internet actually ended up to be cheaper than dialup AOL. What a small world. My mother is considering filing for bankruptcy as well! And she has cable internet too!

I talked to Crystal today. Just checking in before I fly out to see her in Denver on Friday. She's sick and she's grouchy as hell. Then again, she has always treated me with a rather condescending manner. I'm still just a child in her mind and I am very nervous to spend 3 whole days under her "control" as I am afraid she will view it!

A few other minor points to mention. Jennifer has a headache from hell, Dad left for Michigan today, Lori says she is gonna get drunk with me for the first time next week for my birthday and Jason still has my damn laptop!

Oh yeah, and I love peanut butter, busty 6 year olds and my outlawed mind!

CHEERS!

|

<< Home

Powered by Blogger