The Outlawed Mind
11.30.2004
 
True confessions of the working man
Is it still considered work if you're actually having fun?

I came in this morning at 9 instead of 8. Hell I could have come in at noon if I wanted. I walked in an hour late (technically) and what does my boss do? Sits down in my office and tells me how impressed he is with me and how I am making much more progress than he gave me credit for when he hired me. Of course I am! That's what I do! Hehe! Of course I was humble about it, but I did manage to throw in a "don't forget about me when it's time to hand out Christmas bonuses!" Life is good!

Gotta fire my first employee today. A supervisor, no less. And he's 61 years old. I've never met him. A 23 year old reading the riot act to someone 3 times my age. He'll love that! Oh well. I wasn't going to fire him because I was afraid my manager would think I was being too harsh. But he came in and told me that it was my decision and he would back me up on whatever I decided to do. Don't get me wrong, I'm not excited about firing this guy. I'm actually nervous. I'm sure I'll get a "young whipper-snapper" lecture. But the guy violated a major company policy AND he's a supervisor! Bad example!

Anyway, so life is grand, work is fun and I get to see Emily tonight! I may leave work early! I am the master of my universe! It's good to be me!

And I am totally a fan of Jennifer & Chad, Laura & Rich and my outlawed mind!

CHEERS!

|

<< Home

Powered by Blogger