The Outlawed Mind
12.17.2004
 
New things
I just taught myself HTML (regarding web page building) in about 10 minutes. Well, the basics anyway. It is highly possible that I may be a genius!

Yesterday I bought my first ever business suit. A $350 Oscar De La Renta, 3-button jobbie. I must say, I had to fight the urge to do the "Bond...JAMES Bond!" monologue while looking at myself in the mirror!

I learned a lesson while shopping for the suit. Some people shop for high quality clothes at the mall or at outlets. Some people will fly (quite possibly on their own private jet) to Beverly Hills just to buy new shoelaces. I learned yesterday that you cannot enter a high quality store with the same casual habits, attitude and personality that you would display at, say, Wal-Mart. Storytime:

The woman who sold me the new suit was quite a bit older. A seasoned professional perhaps, but either way she successfully employed a sneaky-as-hell sales tactic that I fell for. And I could have easily caught her if I had checked the receipt before leaving. To match the suit, naturally I picked out 2 shirts and a tie for each. I started with 4 shirt options and narrowed it to 2. I started with about a dozen tie options and narrowed it to 2 as well. While building up to a dozen ties from which to choose, I failed to notice that each tie added to the selection pool magically jumped in price. Ultimately, I left the store with a new suit, 2 shirts and 1 regular necktie. The other tie was Italian and cost more than the 2 shirts combined. This woman was a genius. Or I'm just a complete sucker.

So today I dig the new Eggnog latte at Starbucks, late night visitors and my outlawed mind!

CHEERS!




|

<< Home

Powered by Blogger