The Outlawed Mind
1.11.2005
 
Catching up
I tried to convince Jason to guestblog for me last night, but he was preoccupied playing Need for Speed Underground II. To be more precise, he was preoccupied for over 9 hours straight last time I checked. I went to sleep last night at midnight and woke up at 8:15 this morning and found him right where I had left him the night before. Pardon my extreme lack of surprise!

I got a strange phone call last night on my personal cell phone. The call was from an IP-Relay operator. See, the thing about relay calls is that the operator doesn't know who the caller is or where they are calling from. The caller is "calling" from a computer. They type what they want to say (like an instant message) and it goes to the operator, who places a phone call and relays the typewritten message to the "callee" verbally via telephone. It was originally started, I believe, as a way for deaf or mute people to make calls. Although a totally anonymous system like this is far too inviting for pranksters! This should prove my point (NSFW).

Oh and the message that the "caller" sent me was "I love the fields and the buffalo."

I disconnected the call for three reasons:

1. The operator was relaying EVERYTHING I said including the side comments I was making to Jason trying to explain the puzzled look on my face about this call. This also includes his side comment of "Does she sound hot?"

2. I had no idea who was calling me and the message made no sense.

3. I ruled out the possibility that the CIA had accidentally dialed a wrong number while trying to relay a highly classified coded message.

Either way, it was rather interesting.

On my way to work this morning, I heard something else that peaked my interest on the radio. I guess a listener and some friends were playing a version of truth or dare or something and one of the truth questions was "Name a celebrity that is generally not thought of as attractive, but whom you secretly find very sexy and would definitely have sex with." The woman said that her answer was David Letterman. The radio DJ (male) answered with Oprah Winfrey.

I haven't put much thought into this myself but I'm leaning towards Lori Petty. Feel free to share your thoughts here!

I'm sure I'll post more later. At the moment it was seriously bugging me that I had let my blog go several days without an update! My apologies!

Today I'm a fan of playing aggressive video games while exercising, "dirty girls" and my outlawed mind!

CHEERS!



|

<< Home

Powered by Blogger