The Outlawed Mind
1.29.2005
 
We are the sultans of swing...
I've been utterly addicted to that song lately.

So I dunno what's been going on here but I've either been very busy or very unable to blog for some reason. Either way, hopefully I get back into full stride soon!

I once said to myself that when I got a good job that paid well, I'd inevitably stop spending money for no reason because I will have had enough money to buy the things I wanted (and materially, I don't really want for much) and eventually I'd theoretically run out of things to buy myself (minus a few sporadic ideas where I walk into, say, Best Buy, look at a new XBox and go "hey, there's a hobby!"). So with very little to buy other than food and other essentials, I'd finally start saving money. This past 2 weeks or so, my theory is becoming reality. Oddly enough, my bank account has been steadily inflating as my money just sits and rots away and I'm perfectly content with it! Now I just have to find a new goal to shoot for in my financial life.

A big thank you to Charlie for including me in his list of influential "blogger-buddies" (so to speak). Mr. Williams was kind enough to allow us all a glimpse of the future and what the inevitable book (biographically-based on my blog) would look like when published...



Charlie kicks ass!

I found an astoundingly effective cure for a hangover recently. Just thought I'd share. Please note that I am not a certified expert so everything stated in this post is a matter of pure opinion. That said, most people know that a hangover is caused by the dehydrating effect of alcohol on the body. So obviously water is required the day after hard drinking (like last night!). More preferably, if you drink water WHILE you're drinking hard, the next morning shouldn't be as rough. But who really wants to drink water with their Miller? That just takes up the space in the stomach that you have so readily set aside for beer! Moving on...
Most likely the effects of the alcohol the next morning will still be doing a number on you in some way. So any water you drink is going to be fought off. Oddly, salt (in the form of sodium-rich foods) forces your cells to retain water. So, in theory, eating something salty and drinking a decent amount of water should have you feeling rather spiffy in short order. I have personally proven this theory several times. About 20 ounces worth of water (more if you can stomach it), and (for me) a snack-size bag of chips, glass of tomato juice or even a few slices of lunch meat (ham is really salty) will do the job within 20-30 minutes and you'll be back in the game!

Or I could just stop drinking so damn much and sounding somewhat like a hypocrit talking all nerdy about "sodium-rich foods" and how they thwart alcohol's "dehydrating properties"! I mean, seriously!

Oh damn, I forgot I'm supposed to help Greg finish moving today. Crapola! Maybe I'll have good blogging material afterwards. I'll see if I can make him trip out the door carrying a sofa! At least I'll be amused!

CHEERS!

|

<< Home

Powered by Blogger