The Outlawed Mind
4.24.2005
 
I Need a Meme...
I am such a disappointment. Nine f*cking days without blogging! Creative inspiration has been lost on me. I've tried to find a meme or two to toss around until I get back on my own two feet, but no such luck!

Anywho, so if you read Deanndra's blog, you'll note that I had a brush with death recently.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Without going into massive detail, I choked on food for the first time in 23 years!

...on a Lemonhead, no less!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I'm driving down I-74 to Cincinnati, minding my own business. One would think that to look at the innocent little face on the package, how could it ever be harmful!?!?

Until you accidentally suck one down your windpipe, effectively restricting all inward and outward airflow to your lungs creating massive internal panic which causes you to immediately dart across two lanes of interstate traffic, slam on the brakes on the shoulder and miraculously dislodge the culprit candy while giving yourself the heimlich...(actually I was trying to put my head between my legs and kiss my ass goodbye but apparently it's one of those "6 of one, half-dozen of the other" situations!)

Anyway, sour candy in your throat doesn't feel too good, but it's a great excuse to stop for ice cream!

In other news, Venessa thinks that my story about toasted marshmallows is blogworthy. Once upon a time, I was about 8 years old and I ate about 2 bags of full-size marshmallows (toasted over a campfire, of course) all in one sitting. Then I ended up getting sick and (to borrow a term from Deanndra) managed to extinguish the fire with my projectile vomit!

I don't eat toasted marshmallows anymore.

It's odd how a bad experience with food can ruin it for you forever. Like tomatoes or toasted marshmallows in my case.

...and Lemonheads!

CHEERS!

|

<< Home

Powered by Blogger